April 26, 2021

The Fulbright U.S. Student Program application is open! With a Fulbright grant, students can dig deeper into their interests through a research project; pursue a graduate degree abroad; take graduate-level coursework as a visiting student; or, assist an English teacher in a university, secondary, or elementary classroom. The opportunities vary across 140 countries with some host countries offering internship opportunities or combined assistant teaching/study options for grantees.  I’ve included a little more info below and I hope you’ll share it with your students—in particular, your rising and graduating seniors.

 What is Fulbright?

  • Fulbright provides grants for individually designed research projects, graduate study, and assistant English Teaching programs that all take place outside of the United States. During their grants, Fulbrighters meet, work live with and learn from the people of the host country, sharing experiences and building relationships.

Where can I go on a Fulbright?

Who can apply?

  • To be eligible, you must be a citizen or national of the U.S. at the time of application.
  • You will need to have completed your bachelor’s degree before your grant starts—for this round, it means graduating by June 2022 for most of the options.
  • You should not have a Ph.D. at the time you apply
  • There may be country by country language requirements you will need to meet.

How can I learn more and plan my application?

  • So glad you asked this!  Below are 3 steps you can take today to learn more!
    1. Attend one of our upcoming Fulbright Information Sessions!
    2. Join Global Fellowships Prep to stay in the loop and to access application support resources.
    3. We have a small team of dedicated Fulbright advisors at UW—connect with us!