July 6, 2023

The Assistant Director of International Student Advising was leaving UW. Before she left, we wanted to share a few recommendations for summer in Seattle!

• Ballard Seafood Fest
    • While living in Seattle, you’ve got to try seafood and there’s no cooler neighborhood than Ballard to try some!
  • Pike Place Market
    • I’m obsessed with with Pike Place. While some folx thinks it’s too touristy, I find that it’s super fun to go to Pike Place as a “local.” I know exactly which parts of the market I want to visit and then I can spend some time watching tourists take pictures of Rachel the pig or get grossed out by the gum wall.
  • Seafair Festival
    • I only learned about Seafair Fest last year, but I’m obsessed with it now. It’s so cool to get outside and see the airshow.
  • Golden Gardens
    • The beach at Golden Gardens is absolute magic. Make sure you pack snacks and sunscreen and head to the beach with friends for a fun-packed afternoon.
  • All the things at the Seattle Center
    • There are SO MANY things to do at the Seattle Center over the summer. You can use your UPass to take the Monorail there and do so many things. I recommend attending one of the cultural events in the Armory.